Sunday, March 31, 2019

Sigils Reboot: How To Get Big Magic From Little Squiggles

https://runesoup.com/2012/03/ultimate-sigil-magic-guide/


>> Introduction

Sigil magic was my least favourite thing back in my Baby’s First Grimoire days. It offended my sense of theatre. Where was the ritual, the incense, the scary looking altars? It was also... ahh... how you say... “messy”? So I kept away from it for years.
Then I accidentally ended up with a moderately successful career in the global advertising industry.
It was here that I saw the same techniques that underpin sigil magic -backed up with a huge amount of brain studies- being put to potent use.
Advertising relies on an understanding of how images work and how they work on the brain. Just changing a word or even a colour in an ad campaign would result in thousands of dollars profit for a client. The audience is rarely if ever aware they have been impacted in some way. And yet you think that you yourself are somehow never influenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment