Tuesday, August 8, 2023

PNAC Primer: How We Got Into This Imperial Pickle

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0305/S00170/pnac-primer-how-we-got-into-this-imperial-pickle.htm 

 

How We Got Into This Imperial Pickle - A PNAC Primer


By Bernard Weiner
The Crisis Papers

Recently, I was the guest on a radio talk-show hosted by a thoroughly decent far-right Republician. I got verbally battered, but returned fire and, I think, held my own. Toward the end of the hour, I mentioned that the National Security Strategy -- promulgated by the Bush Administration in September 2002 -- now included attacking possible future competitors first, assuming regional hegemony by force of arms, controlling energy resources around the globe, maintaining a permanent-war strategy, etc.

"I'm not making up this stuff," I said. "It's all talked about openly by the neoconservatives of the Project for the New American Century -- who now are in charge of America's military and foreign policy -- and published as official U.S. doctrine in the National Security Strategy of the United States of America."

No comments:

Post a Comment